Recently, you have heard in the news about the Attorney General’s Report on Child Sexual Abuse in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. Archbishop William E. Lori has provided a full and direct pastoral response to the release of the Maryland Office of Attorney General’s report on clergy sexual abuse. Please see below to read his pastoral letter, “Apology, Healing & Action: The Church’s Work to Repair Sacred Trust.” The report is a step in the continued journey toward healing for victim-survivors. Additional resources are also provided below.
Please pray they find comfort and peace, and please pray, too, for the Church. The Archdiocese of Baltimore remains wholly and steadfastly committed to the safety of children and preventing the abuses described in the report from ever occurring again.
- Attorney General’s Report on Child Sexual Abuse in the Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Apology, Healing and Action: The Church’s Work to repair Sacred Trust
- FAQs about the Redacted Report from the Maryland Attorney General
- Talking with Your Children about Sexual Abuse
- 2023 Discussing the AG Report with your children
- Procedure for Disclosures
- Child Abuse Prevention Month Prayer Card
- Prayer for healing victims of abuse