Honest Conversations about Racism is a program that allows you to engage with other parishioners in learning about the history and lasting legacy of racism in the United States and understanding how it continues to raise its ugly head in our own lives and those of the community.
About 140 parishioners attended the Lenten series in 2022 conducted by the Racial Justice Circle of Baltimore. At the final meeting in Lent 2022, you asked for the conversations to continue. And so they will! The Racial Justice Committee is offering a series of six Zoom sessions starting in October 2022 and ending in May 2023.
Following the Honest Conversations About Racism (HCAR) program during Lent, HCAR 2.0 aims to continue to open our hearts and minds to people of all races as we work individually and as a community to end the evil of racism. The goal of this program is to continue to engage parishioners of St. John’s in a journey to heal the wounds of racism through increased understanding of historical and current injustices against African Americans.
- October 5, 2022: Voter Access — See the Video and Links
- November 9, 2022: Catholic Church — See the Video and Links
- January 11, 2023: Economic Development
- February 1, 2023: Education
- April 12, 2023: Healthcare
- May 3, 2023: Criminal Justice
For further information, text Natasha Byus at 662-799-1553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For those who attended Wednesday night's meeting, please do complete the following survey to assist us with future planning…
- May the Peace of Christ be with you. Last night we had a our Second session that continued our successful series from last spring of Honest Conversation on Racism . Our session focused on the Catholic Church. New this year, we…
- A REMINDER: You can find the links for the meeting for tomorrow night below. Also, see the tan section vekow for prepatory materials. See you tomorrow! May the Peace of Christ be with you. Our next session looks into the role…
- May the Peace of Christ be with you. Our next session looks into the role that the Catholic Church has played regarding racism. Please see preparation content below. If you have already signed-up specifically for the November 9…
- May the Peace of Christ be with you. Last night we had a our first session that continued our successful series from last spring of Honest Conversation on Racism . Our session focused on Voter Access. New this year, we hope to…