We miss you all, and can’t wait to see you again! When this pandemic began, we sheltered in place, not only for ourselves, but to protect the most vulnerable among us. Currently, we are slowly but surely working toward reopening. We are also strongly aware that there are still hot spots of increasing infection, which tells us that we must be patient, and diligent, with an abundance of caution. We are grateful for your continued sacrifice, and for being the shelter of one another at this perilous time.
Our Mass schedule evolves as the pandemic situation changes.
November 5, 2020 NEWS ON INDOOR MASSES: As you have seen in the news, COVID is again spiking nationally and locally. The coronavirus numbers update reported today showed there were, in Maryland, 1,198 new cases with a positivity rate over 4%. In an abundance of caution for the health of our parish family, we WILL NOT be celebrating an indoor mass at 8am this Sunday (November 8). Our plans for a return to indoor daily masses, First Communion celebrations and Confirmation have all been likewise impacted. Please know that we share with you the deep desire to return again to worship as a faith-filled community. We are adding a second outdoor mass and continue our commitment to stream our masses. Please do continue to pray for all those impacted by this dreaded pandemic.
Outdoor Mass Information
You are asked to register for the outdoor Mass to assist with planning, as well as to ensure our ability to assist with contact tracing, if necessary. Due to mandated restrictions, space will be limited.
- If you are coming alone, please register for one “spot” and, on Sunday look for special seating near the white barricade poles and trees on the plaza.
- If you are coming with your family, please indicate all the “spots” that you will need for individuals and provide names of all family members. When you arrive on Sunday, please look for an available designated parking space for your family.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail when complete. If possible, please print this to turn in when you arrive. If printing is not possible, please write the information down on paper to turn in when you arrive.
Remember to bring along printed registration information, wear a face mask, bring a chair, and travel with a gracious spirit as we return to our public celebrations of Eucharist together.
Mass Guidance and Expectations
- If you are sick or someone in your family is sick, please do not come to Mass. If you are high risk or live with someone who is high risk, please consider not coming to Mass. The Archbishop has dispensed all from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass during the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Masses are streamed online. We miss you, but please stay safe.
- Ushers will help direct you for parking, seating, and receiving Communion.
- Seating positions are marked in the parking lot and plaza. Please bring your own chair to sit on.
- Everyone must wear a mask, which covers the nose and mouth, throughout the entire Mass, except when receiving communion.
- Please keep the social distancing requirement of 6 feet away from the closest person; however members of the same household may sit together.
- Holy Communion will be distributed at the end of Mass, on the hand; please keep 6 feet away from the person in front of you. You can adjust your face mask to receive communion.
- Wave respectfully to others during the Sign of Peace, rather than shaking hands or hugging.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- No bathrooms will be available.
Update: Pastor’s Letter – May 29, 2020 (“So…WHEN can we come back to church?”)
Emergency needs: The St. John’s Conference of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) is available to help parish families with emergency needs. Call their number and you will get a quick response: 410-964-1440
Safe Reopening: Please contact Fr. Ferdinand if you can volunteer to help ensure the health and safety of our community when we return to Masses.
Previous Covid-19 video messages
June 28, 2020 first outdoor Masses
Outdoor Mass info - English
Outdoor Mass info - Spanish
April 23, 2020 photos at WL
April 21, 2020
April 3, 2020
March 27, 2020
March 20, 2020
March 13, 2020
June 28, 2020 first outdoor MassesVideo and photos from the first two outdoor Masses
Outdoor Mass info - EnglishSJERC Parking Lot Mass Reopening
Outdoor Mass info - SpanishSJERC Parking Lot Mass Reopening
April 23, 2020 photos at WLPhotos at WL
April 21, 2020Padre Leandro
April 3, 2020Fr. Ferdinand
March 27, 2020Fr. Gerry
March 20, 2020Fr. Gerry
March 13, 2020Fr. Gerry, Fr. Ferdinand, Mary Bielefeld, Audrey Marsh